- Language: Jiarong, Eastern
- Alternate names: Situ
- Language code: jya
- Language family: Sino-Tibetan, Tibeto-Burman, Tangut-Qiang, rGyarong
- Number of speakers: ?
Jiarong is distinguished by its morphological complexity, and the archaisms. It's considered by linguists to be a living fossil of the Sino-Tibetan languages.
The samples on this page are based on the Cogtse/Somang dialects.
- Persons are marked by prexifing and affixsing the verb root.
- There are 3 numbers: singular, dual, and plural
- There are 3 persons: 1st (I), 2nd (you), and 3rd (he, she, it)
Personal markers of the Jiarong verb
|2nd||tə- -n||tə- -u||tə- -ntʃh||tə- -ŋ|
|3rd||-||-u||wə- -ntʃh||kə- -ntʃh||wə- -ŋ||kə- -ŋ|