- Language: Cajamarca Quechua
- Alternate names: Quechua, Cajamarca, Cajamarca Quechua, Cajamarca Kechua,
- Language code: qvc
- Language family: Quechuan, Peripheral Quechua, Yungay, Northern (SIL classification)
- Number of speakers: 30,000
- Vulnerability: Threatened
- Script: Latin script.
The question of how to distinguish between entities that are dialects of a single language vs. those that are separate languages is particularly serious in the case of Quechuan languages and dialects, and much work remains to be done. Though it is well-known and very clear that there are a number of distinct languages in the Quechuan complex, some very distinct, the tendency to consider them all merely dialects of “Quechua” persists in many circles. (Cerrón-Palomino 1987)This is one of the most archaic varieties of Quechua II. (Willem Adelaar personal communication)