- Language: Lambayeque Quechua
- Alternate names: Ferreñafe Quechua, Cañaris-Incahuasi, Cañaris Quechua
- Language code: quf
- Language family: Quechuan, Peripheral Quechua, Yungay, Northern (SIL classification)
- Number of speakers: 20,000
- Vulnerability: Threatened
- Script: Latin script.
The question of how to distinguish between entities that are dialects of a single language vs. those that are separate languages is particularly serious in the case of Quechuan languages and dialects, and much work remains to be done. Though it is well-known and very clear that there are a number of distinct languages in the Quechuan complex, some very distinct, the tendency to consider them all merely dialects of “Quechua” persists in many circles. (Cerrón-Palomino 1987.)