San Martín Quechua
- Language: San Martín Quechua
- Alternate names: Lamista, Lamista Quechua
- Language code: qvs
- Language family: Quechuan, Peripheral Quechua, Chinchay, Northern Chinchay (SIL classification)
- Number of speakers: 15,000
- Vulnerability: Endangered
- Script: Latin script.
Traditional religion, Christian.
The question of how to distinguish between entities that are dialects of a single language vs. that are separate languages is particularly serious in the case of Quechuan languages and dialects, and much work remains to be done. Though it is well-known and very clear that there are a number of distinct languages in Quechuan, some very distinct, the tendency to consider them all merely dialects of “Quechua” persists in many circles. (Cerrón-Palomino 1987.)