- Language: Barranquian
- Alternate names: Barranquenho, Barranquenhu
- Language code: dextb
- Language family: Indo-European, Classical Indo-European, Italic, Latino-Faliscan, Latinic, Imperial Latin, Romance, Italo-Western Romance, Western Romance, Shifted Western Romance, Southwestern Shifted Romance, West Ibero-Romance, Castilic
- Dialect of: Extremaduran
- Number of speakers: 1500
- Script: Latin script
Barranquian is a dialect of Extremaduran, spoken in Portugal near the Spanish border.
Barranquian dialect speaking area
The are both Portuguese and Extremaduran language influences in this dialect.
Differences compared with Portuguese
- Usage of 'eres' in use of 2nd person singular of the verb 'ser', opposed to 'es' in Portuguese.
- Usage of 'hay' as impersonal instead of 'há' as in Portuguese.
- Ending '-e' in 1st person preterite, instead of '-ei' as in Portuguese.