- Language: Urum
- Alternate names:
- Language code: uum
- Language family: Turkic, Common Turkic, Kipchak, West Kipchak, Crimean Tatar-Urum
- Dialects: Azovian Urum, Georgian Urum.
- Number of speakers: 192700
- Vulnerability: Endangered [Read more...]
- Script: Cyrillic script. Greek script, occasional usage.
Urum is a Turkic language spoken by several thousand ethnic Greeks who inhabit a few villages in Georgia and Southeastern Ukraine. Over the past few generations, there has been a deviation from teaching children Urum to the more common languages of the region, leaving a fairly limited number of new speakers. The Urum language is often considered a variant of Crimean Tatar.