- Language: Western Gurung
- Alternate names: Gurung, Tamu Kyi, Gurnung, Gurung, Western
- Language code: gvr
- Language family: Sino-Tibetan, Tibeto-Burman, Western Tibeto-Burman, Bodish, West Bodish, Gurung-Tamang, Gurungic (SIL classification)
- Number of speakers: 325,000
- Vulnerability: Threatened
- Script: Devanagari script.
Buddhist, Hindu, Christian.
Eastern and Western Gurung do not have adequate intelligibility to handle complex and abstract discourse. Daduwa town seems central linguistically. (Lewis 2009) The new ISO code change resulted in the inclusion of Eastern Gurung into Western Gurung (http://www-01.sil.org/iso639-3/cr_files/639-3_ChangeRequests_2015_Summary.pdf).