Namibian Black German
- Language: Namibian Black German
- Alternate names: Küchendeutsch
- Language code: ddeuk
- Language family: Indo-European, Classical Indo-European, Germanic, Northwest Germanic, West Germanic, High German, Upper German, Middle-Modern High German, Modern High German, Upper Franconian, Global German
- Number of speakers:
- Script: Latin script
Namibian Black German is a pidgin language formerly spoken in various parts of Namibia. It is a non-standardized variety. Namibian Black German is based on standard German. It was spoken mainly by Africans who served their colonial masters when Namibia was known as German South-West Africa but who did not learn standard German.
The language is almost extinct, and people have shifted to speak Afrikaans or English.
The verbs seem not to be inflected, but the infinitive is used.
- Was Banane kosten? - What cost banana? ("Was kostet die/eine Banane?")
- Herr fahren Jagd, nicht Haus - Man go hunt, not house ("Der Herr geht zur Jagd, und ist nicht zu Hause")