- Language: Shor
- Alternate names: Aba, Kondoma Tatar, Kuznets Tatar, Mras Tatar, Shortsy, Tom-Kuznets Tatar
- Language code: cjs
- Language family: Turkic, Common Turkic, Central Siberian Turkic, South Siberian Turkic, Yenisei-East Siberian Turkic, Yenisey Turkic
- Dialects: Kondoma Shor, Mrass Shor.
- Number of speakers: 2840
- Vulnerability: Endangered [Read more...]
- Script: Cyrillic script, Altai missionaries developed first alphabet in 1880s. Latin script, used from 1930 to 1938.
The Shor language is a Turkic language spoken in a region called Mountain Shoriya, in the Kemerovo Province in Southwest Siberia. Presently, not all ethnic Shors speak Shor and the language suffered a decline from the late 1930s to the early 1980s. During this period the Shor language was neither written nor taught in schools. However, since the 1980s and 1990s there has been a Shor language revival. The language is now taught at the Novokuznetsk branch of the Kemerovo State University.